The McLennan-Redpath Library Complex is the focal point for two major parallel infrastructure projects â€” the new McGIll University Collections Centre and the Fiat Lux Project. The collections move and subsequent renovation work will nearly double space in the complex for students and create a vibrant library environment space that is accessible, comfortable, safe, and sustainable.
Visit this space often for the most up-to-date information on both initiatives.
- 2.5 million books from McLennan-Redpath are moving into the new Collections Centre in fall 2023.
- Each floor/area in McLennan-Redpath will remain open until movers are working in that area. During the moving period, access to the floor will be closed. As shelving and books are moved, furniture will be added to open floors to maximize seating.
- Other Library workspaces on campusÂ &Â in the McLennan-Redpath Complex are available during these intermittent closures.
Learn about the ways that users can source items during the move.
Materials in other libraries are available as usual.
The ±«ÓãÖ±²¥ community is strongly encouraged to borrow and keep all the books they anticipate needing from the McLennan-Redpath Library Complex before mid-October 2023.
- Visit the Collections Centre site for more information including a timeline and FAQs.
- The Fiat Lux Project is anticipated to begin in 2025 and will take an estimated two to three years to complete.
Although the McLennan-Redpath Library Complex will be closed during this period, additional temporary study spaces and service points will be added.
- The ±«ÓãÖ±²¥ community will be informed of temporary study locations as soon as they are confirmed.
TheÂ Collections Centre will be fully operational when construction begins.Â
Visit the for more information including timeline and .
updated September 15, 2023